Thursday, April 28, 2011

What does your image say about you?

A month ago, I scheduled a consultation appointment with Style Sanctum's Chief Creative Officer, Nicole Sinclair to complete an assignment for UNC Charlotte's Professional Development program....little did I know that consultation appointment would change my outlook on presentation. For the last couple of months or practically almost all year, I consistently preach the message of "Your Brand." I'm always sharing my experiences at various association functions, networking, and resume critiques. However I never stepped back and actually analyzed attire and what that means to potential employers.

The initial consultation began with a quiz that allowed me to categorize my current style in relation to my career and industry.  From this, I was able to assess how my style plays out into my wardrobe and the way I shop and look at my closet. It was rather interesting. Since I already have a "mild" shopping addiction, we decided to assess my closet. (I'm not going to lie I was a little nervous for them to see my Type A organization). The appointment allowed me to view my closet from a completely different perspective. One of the biggest takeaways was my viewpoint on corporate NC vs. DC. There were some major differences that I had not been aware of. I really appreciate one

If you currently reside in the Charlotte area I would highly recommend scheduling a consultation with Style Sanctum. Whether it is a wardrobe edit, shopping trip, or another fashion adventure, it will be an eye-opening experience.

Have a great weekend. See you in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment