Thursday, March 31, 2011

Reflection


This week began with the infamous "Registration Scramble." Those unfamiliar with the process, this is when students sign into Banner 60 seconds or less prior to your assigned registration time to sign up for classes in the upcoming semester. At this point, you already have the course numbers memorized as if you are in a competition to be in the Guinness Book of World Records.  As quickly as possible, you enter in all course numbers and press “enter”.  You merely hold your breath hoping/praying/ whishing that you will not see the infamous RED error message. Well luckily, for me everything went smooth as ice.

Once I caught my breath, I started reflecting on my last semester and half in the MBA program.  I can’t believe how fast time flies.  I must say from a professional standpoint, I am grateful to move to Charlotte, NC. In conjunction with UNC Charlotte, Charlotte has numerous opportunities for graduate students and young business professionals to network with other individuals in similar interest or positions.

Due to my determined pursuit of my graduate career goals, I feel that I am more focused. My focus not only includes my particular area of interest but also how I strategically network within Charlotte's business community. It is to the point now where I feel like networking is second nature to me. I am always eager to attend new events. Now I will admit this was not the case a year ago. I feel like at the beginning of the program, my transformation began.  It is as if I was standing in front of "What Not to Wear's " infamous 360 mirror and reflecting on my business image in August. This pure reflection began the OVERHAUL process of MY BRAND.

The Belk College of Business's faculty and program guides students indirectly and directly to achieve their career goals. Whether it is providing contacts in a particular field or suggesting reading materials, the BCOB truly positions their students to be successful and well rounded in their program.



Hope everyone has a great remainder of their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment