Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cabin Fever anyone?

As students prepared last week for the beginning of classes, others prepared for the impending snow storm that was headed to the Charlotte Metro area. Initially, I did not believe that the storm would yield a significant amount of precipitation.  However I was quickly mistaken and the first three days of classes were cancelled.

During our impromptu winter break extension, I decided to be somewhat productive.  I began to align my targeted company list for internships. Yes I have to publicly admit; instead of creating snowmen and snow angels I decided to do some work. The summer will be right around the corner and many internship deadlines are quickly approaching. In the midst of my search, I realized I needed to "dust" off my job searching skills. Looking at old versions of cover letters actually brought a smile to my face. Let's just say..."I've come a long way."

Don't get be wrong, I did take numerous breaks throughout my "hours of productivity." I enjoyed several movies thanks to Netflix. I cooked a couple new dishes that typically I would NEVER have time to make let alone even prepare and started a new novel. However cabin fever slowly began to creep in. Let's just say I am happy to be out of the house and back on campus.

Enjoy what remains of our snow storm. Have a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment