Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Recess...

After two long stressful weeks of papers, presentations, and exams, it is time to enjoy a long fall break weekend. The Fall Recess provides the students with the opportunity to catch up on some much needed rest, get ahead on school work, and spend some time discovering the city and what all it has to offer.

As a newbie to the Charlotte area, this was the perfect opportunity to get in the car and explore Charlotte and the surrounding areas. After doing some research online, I found a list with 101 Things To Do in Charlotte. I'm an outdoor person so I didn't hesitate at the opportunity to visit the U.S. Whitewater Center first. Not only do they have a number of fun water activities but they also have great hiking and biking trails. My second outdoor adventure was visiting Lake Norman and the parks around it. The beautiful scenery and relaxing atmosphere became the perfect location for reading one of the books I have for school. My third outdoor adventure for the weekend was jogging along the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. This trail provides an escape in the nature, without leaving the Uptown Charlotte limits. To satisfy my food curiosity, I visited the South End Food Truck Friday. This was my first encounter with food trucks and I must admit the delicious food made for an amazing experience.

Now that the weekend is over, it is back to the reality of being a full-time graduate student: finishing up homework assignments, reading articles and case studies, and studying the business fundamentals taught in class. Nonetheless, I look forward to being able to check off all 101 things to do in Charlotte by the time I graduate from the MBA program.





No comments:

Post a Comment