Thursday, August 23, 2012

My road trip to the MBA program at UNCC

About a year ago, I started exploring the idea of going to graduate school. There were many unknowns at the time but the two things I was sure about were that I wanted to stay in the US and I wanted to pursue a MBA with a concentration in the sports industry. One day, one of my former professors and mentors mentioned Charlotte, NC and UNCC as an option. I have to admit, I didn't know much about Charlotte nor UNCC. After researching the city and the graduate programs UNCC has to offer, I decided to go one step further and begin the application process. I didn't realize the impact my professor's advice had on my future until I came to Charlotte for the first time, for the MBA Preview Day. It was love at first sight: the program offered the degree I was looking, in a flexible format; the classes were taught downtown (in the business district) which offered numerous networking and internship opportunities; the administration staff, faculty, students, and alumni were extremely friendly and eager to help you succeed from the beginning; and, the city fit perfectly with my European life-style. I had a very easy decision to make and I was extremely happy to get accepted into the MBA program. After a few months of dealing with the international paperwork and looking for a place to live, I moved to Charlotte. I found the city to be better than expected and I look forward to discovering new things about it every day. In addition, I'm impatiently awaiting to begin my graduate student life and take my first graduate classes.

View of Uptown Charlotte from the UNCC Center City Building




No comments:

Post a Comment