Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Power of a Network

A MBA student's network is just as crucial to one's job search as his/her academic development. As a second year student, I’ve evolved to uncover my network. I must say, the benefits of my network surpass education alone. My network has encouraged me to think out of the box to suggest various ideas in my internship. My network is my springboard to various project ideas and career strategies. Most importantly, my network is my foundation, confident and ally.

My network’s composition is not a segregated group only consisting of individuals within my respective career choice. I believe that my network’s strength is due to the diversity of its “members.” Now of course my network includes individuals who work in the career industry of interest; however, it includes individuals within the same industry but different positions. From experience, the diversity brings an assortment of ideas that allow me to broaden my horizons. As a result of my diverse group, it allows me to adopt a global perspective on my industry and respective career choice.

My network remains to be a work in progress. I continue to take advantage of opportunities to network with individuals within the various industries here in Charlotte.

Who is in your network?

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment