Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Self Reflection

Over the last seven days, I participated in two independent recruiting events on behalf of the Belk College of Business Graduate Programs. The first event was a Graduate School Fair at Johnson C. Smith University, a HBCU located in Uptown Charlotte, NC and the second an information session held on UNC Charlotte's main campus.

The graduate school fair reminded me of how daunting the GMATS were to tackle. I will be honest; taking the GMAT was something I was hoping to avoid. I remember taking the GMAT test for the first time and being disappointed that I did not score the same as I did on practice tests. I was adamant about not taking the test again. I mean who wants to shell out another $250 but then I quickly reminded myself of my long term career goals. (How quickly I tend to forget at times *smile*)

Yesterday's information session was an excellent turnout. The event was held in the Friday building in which majority of students were interested in the MBA program. Questions varied from GMAT scores, time commitment, class size, and of course the infamous question COST. From an out of state student’s perspective, UNC Charlotte's cost is attractive. The value of my degree is an estimated $55K and I am not only paying half this price. (After going to the most expensive undergraduate program in the country...this is GREAT news to hear!)

I'm happy I had the opportunity in the last week to attend these two events. Both sessions reminded me of one of reasons why I chose UNC Charlotte's program. I've only been in Charlotte and in school a little over a month and I must say that I am proud 49ner. The faculty members here are resourceful and you definitely gain a sense of community. In addition, the networking opportunities are countless. (I have already met with two businesses in my industry of interest.) Who else can say that?
Needless to say yesterday, I left campus feeling proud and reminded I made one of the best decisions in my career & life:)

No comments:

Post a Comment