Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Break is over....now back into the school groove!!

It is almost the middle of March; my last Spring Break as a graduate student is over and I’m half way through my MBA program: where did the time fly by? I can see the light at the end of the tunnel shinning brighter and brighter at me.
As much as I enjoy being a graduate student, I do miss my little vacation! Since this was my last Spring Break ever (don’t see myself actually pursuing a PhD program!), I decided to make it big: together with a classmate, we decided to go on a 5-day cruise to Bahamas! And we had a blast!!! The nice weather, great food, amazing scenery, and an overall relaxing atmosphere made it so much harder to get back into the groove of studying, doing homework, and working on assignments and case studies when we got back!
But now it’s back to reality: I have a midterm and a project coming up, trying to keep up with my other 3 classes and my graduate assistant work, and still looking for the right internship for the summer: so much to do, so little time!!
If there is something I learned from this Spring Break is that taking an entire week off  from your school work during a full load semester (even if it is for a relaxing Spring Break) is not recommended while in graduate school. The anxiety of having to catch up and never feeling like you can get ahead is not the best of feelings; especially not after a great vacation.
But I'm grateful for the opportunities I have to not only pursue a master degree in a field I love and better prepare myself for future endeavors but also build long lasting friendships with my classmates!



1 comment: