Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to reality...

It is January 9, 2013...first day of classes! After three weeks of a much needed vacation, I am back to the reality of being a graduate student: 4 classes, an internship, graduate assistant work, and hopefully some time for extracurricular activities. As I look over the course syllabi, I'm trying not to get too overwhelmed by the amount of coursework material due this semester. But before I know it...the semester will be over; so, I have to make the best of it!

The holiday break gave me an opportunity to relax and catch up on some lost sleep, enjoy the time with my family and friends along with some amazing Romanian food, and read my books I've started earlier in the fall semester before the craziness kicked in. It was a time of reflection on a year that just ended, with the ups and downs and the lessons learned, as well as the upcoming year, with new resolutions and goals I want to attain. Whenever I am at home for the holidays, I tend to be worry-free. However, as soon as I made it back to Charlotte, it was back to being a responsible adult.

As the classes are about to start, I look forward to getting to know my professors and my new classmates, gaining new skills and valuable knowledge, and taking advantage of the opportunities I'll encounter this semester.

I'm ready for another semester of fun and coffee! Are you ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment