Friday, February 4, 2011

Homecoming 2011


It's that time of year: When alumni return to their old stomping rounds and current students rally around the student union center sporting the green and gold. This week was filled with exciting activities to rally school spirit for the big game this Saturday. Ironically this is my first homecoming here as a graduate student at UNC Charlotte and guess who we are playing.......MY ALMA MATER!

I was completely shocked to realize that on the big day I will have to choose between wearing Green and Gold vs. Blue and Gold. (I know this does not seem like a big decision but when you are loyal to both universities and a huge NCAA Division I basketball fan this is a tough decision.) On the one hand, UNC Charlotte has a phenomenal new Men's head coach Alan Major who is truly leading the team with great direction and strategy that is causing upsets in the A-10. On the other side, this is Coach Hobb's 10th year as Head Coach of our GW's Men's Basketball team. Coach Hobbs has a notable career with GW sports particular in the 2006 year with our 23-9 record.

With these two great teams and coaches who shall I choose???? Well I guess I will just leave it as: "May the best team win." Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment